I can’t remember where I first spotted the Deer & Doe patterns, but I’m happy to have discovered them nonetheless.
The pattern I selected for my Easter dress was the Robe Belladone: it’s a fairly classic looking dress with a surprise opening in the back.
I had some issues with the binding I chose – I should have used something narrower to get the full effect, but I still like the look of the gingham. Also, I didn’t have an invisible zipper foot when I installed the zipper so that’s a design element I wasn’t really going for. And my last issue: I accidentally cut a slit in the top of the bodice when serging the waistband (don’t ask!).
In spite of all of that, I received many compliments and would try the dress again, improving upon my previous mistakes.
And finally, a picture of me in the dress with my girls on Easter: