Last weekend I started gathering up my quilting supplies. I could not believe the number of half-finished and never-started projects I owned. Then I got to inventorying the countless pre-cut fabric packs purchased with the best of intentions and decided it was time to start producing some finished items.
1st Project – Drunkard’s Path Tabletop Quilt
Quilt Close Up
This project was aided by my Accuquilt for cutting and the Curvemaster foot for my piecing. The best part of the Accuquilt is that you can quickly cut an abundance of curved or intricate shapes in very little time. The worst part is that it’s easy to end up with a lot of UFOs (UnFinished Objects) as a result. The Curvemaster is the only way I will piece curved shapes. I think it cost about $20 a couple years ago and it really makes piecing curves tolerable.
Next projects were a bunch of quilted coasters. I stuck these on my etsy shop last weekend, but I will be happy to give them as gifts if they don’t sell. This is a quick project and I think a very cute result.
And some final sets:
I have told Kate, who has recently started sewing with me, the goal is to sew all of the existing fabric during the academic year. She has not accepted this challenge as of yet, but I continue to plug away.